*10 popular crystals for healing*
1. For All-Round Goodness: Turquoise
- Properties: Protection, wisdom, positive thoughts, balance, courage, friendship, healing, luck, love
- The perfect gift for anyone giving a public talk or with relationship issues
Turquoise can be a very powerful stone for protection. It increases inner calmness and eases depression, fears, exhaustion and anxiety. It is a stone for friendship and love. Turquoise has calming effects when speaking in public. It helps us to express ourselves and aids in creative problem solving. This powerful stone also stimulates our intuition and helps in meditation.
Turquoise helps to absorb nutrients and strengthen the immune system. It has purifying properties and anti-inflammatory powers. If placed on the throat, it’s meant to be wonderful for the thyroid and the voice. Turquoise strengthens feminine energies and is helpful in female disorders as well as in soothing headaches. Turquoise is well known for its healing powers and its abilities to draw disease out of the body when pressed against problematic areas of the body. It absorbs disease and negative energy to the extent that it sometimes breaks when exhausted – the stone then needs to be buried and given back to the earth. Given as a present, Turquoise brings prosperity and happiness to its receiver. This stone needs to be cleansed and re-charged regularly.
2. For those in Need of Stress Reduction: Amethyst
- Properties: clarity of thought, relief from grief, protection, wisdom
- The perfect gift for a friend who is in mourning, menopausal, going through a life change, insomniacsAmethyst is a very powerful crystal for healing. It is know to calm and bring clarity to the mind, to relieve stress, sooth sadness, anger and anxiety and balance mood swings. It helps us to focus and stimulates motivation, concentration and memory. Amethyst activates our intuitive and psychic abilities, aids in meditation and is said to attract justice.Amethyst balances the hormones, strengthens the immune system and has a stimulating effect on the metabolism. It also has sobering powers, and its name actually comes from the Greek word meaning ‘without drunkenness’. Amethyst eases stress and insomnia, promoting peaceful sleep. Rubbed against the forehead, it eases headaches and releases tension. It encourages humility, sincerity and spiritual wisdom. Amethyst is a healing stone for blood related problems and diseases of the lung.
3. For Those Who Need Some Clarity: Blue Topaz
- Properties: Good fortune, communication, wisdom, truth, abundance, honesty, relaxation, forgiveness
- The perfect gift for writers, artists, or saying ‘I’m sorry’,
This beautiful sky blue stone balances the 5th Chakra, increasing communication skills, truth, wisdom and forgiveness, helping you to stay true to yourself. Blue Topaz promotes joy, abundance and good fortune. It also encourages honesty, aids in expressing ideas and artistic inspirations and increases intelligence and creativity Blue Topaz facilitates thinking through and expressing complex concepts and ideas.
Blue topaz is a strong crystal for healing health problems, and aids digestion, fortifies the nerves, balances emotions and stimulates the metabolism. It is known to combat eating disorders. It is also known to increase the general health around the neck and throat area. Blue Topaz releases tension, helping one to relax.
4. For the Vulnerable: Crystal Quartz
- Properties: Protection, healing, harmony, energy, clarity, calmness
- The perfect gift for: those who are at a computer all day, friends who need to relax or who are confusedCrystal Quartz is very powerful for healing, meditation and spiritual growth. It is harmonizing and balancing, purifying the spirit, mind and physical body. It can be utilized to bring light and energy into our spiritual bodies. It enhances mental abilities and can be ‘programmed’ and imprinted with any desired energy or information. Crystal Quartz is powerful for protection and amplifies positive energy and thought. Due to its power to open up all chakras, it is a great stone for relaxation and also to be combined with other stones, as it amplifies their powers. Crystal Quartz enhances psychic abilities and promotes overall harmony and balance. It brings clarity to thoughts as well as actions, allowing us to see things more clearly.Clear crystal protects from negative energies, neutralizing radiation. It stimulates the immune system and overall balance. Placed near the computer screen, Crystal Quartz helps to dispel electromagnetic radiation.
5. For Instability: Moonstone
- Properties: Love, abundance, good luck, happiness, psychic abilities, feminine energies
- The perfect git for moms to be or new momsMoonstone aids in inner growth, strengthens intuition and stabilises emotions. It is known as a stone for new beginnings, success in love and business, and good fortune. It promotes inspiration and protects us, especially those of us who are very sensitive. Moonstone is said to perceive that which IS, making it a very personal stone. It is a great aid for meditation, helping us to understand ourselves. Moonstone also soothes stress and anxiety. This beautiful stone is particularly beneficial for women, also young women, helping us to connect with our feminine side. Moonstone is said to have the power of making wishes come true.If you are a very sensitive person, we recommend for you to avoid contact with moonstone in the time of full moon as it can open you up to psychic worlds in an overwhelming way.
Moonstone balances the digestive system, helps to absorb nutrients and to eliminate toxins. It is known to stimulate the proper functioning of the pineal gland and to balance hormones. It is a great helper for conception, pregnancy, childbirth and breast-feeding.
6. To Conquer Fear: Onyx
- Properties: Support, Strength, Stamina, Protection
- The perfect gift for: those in a transition periodOnyx is an excellent stone for stressful or challenging situations as it gives us strength and support. It’s soothing qualities alleviate fear and worries and encourage wise decision-making. Onyx is known to increase happiness, intuition and good fortune. It is known to help us change bad habits and keep emotions under control. Onyx helps us to focus and stay grounded.Onyx is known to help with skin ailments, infections and inflammations. This stone needs to be cleansed and recharged regularly–wash it in salt water or pass it through incense smoke.
7. To Find Love: Rose Quartz
- Properties: Love: Romantic love, self love, platonic love, unconditional love, deep care, compassion, happiness, forgiveness friendship
- The perfect gift for the heartbroken, the lonely, pregnant womenWidely known as the “love” or “heart” stone, Rose Quartz encourages unconditional love and opens its wearer to all forms of love: self love, romantic love, family love, platonic love … It’s heart opening qualities act soothing on the nervous system, decreasing stress levels and increasing happiness, trust and harmony. Rose Quartz stimulates peace, forgiveness, compassion, kindness, inner peace and tolerance. It increases ones ability to love oneself as well as others. It helps heal emotional wounds and increases its wearer’s sense of self-worth.Rose Quartz acts healing and strengthening for the physical heart and stimulates the circulatory system, increasing fertility and protecting against radiation. As a nice bonus, Rose Quartz is said to reduce wrinkles. It is also known to be a protective stone during pregnancy, protecting from miscarriage
8. The Money Stone: Citrine
- Properties: Prosperity, courage, Confidence, strength, warmth, happiness, creativity, joy of life, protection, self-esteem, opens the mind to new thoughts, optimism
- The perfect gift for entrepreneurs, studentsCitrine is an absolute power stone, energizing its wearer on all levels. It is known to attract prosperity and success. Citrine increases self-confidence and stimulates creativity, enthusiasm, and joy. As it helps you get centered and rest in your power, Citrine is great to help in making important decisions. It also balances emotions and gives relief for depression, stress and anxiety, bringing joy, optimism and love to its owner. This beautiful yellow-gold crystal is unique in its power to dissolve negative energy without the need to be cleansed.Citrine is known as the ‘stone of the mind’, stimulating the brain, increasing concentration, strengthening the intellect and increasing psychic powers. It promotes clarity of thoughts, opens the mind to new thoughts and brings relief to nightmares.
Citrine is believed to invite wealth and prosperity into your life. Due to it’s abundance qualities Citrine has been called the ‘Lucky Merchant Stone’ and business owners place it into their cash drawer to increase sales. Citrine is known to be beneficial to the endocrine and digestive system, acting cleansing and purifying.
9. The Artist’s Stone: Amazonite
- Properties: Truth, self-love, communication, trust, clarity, patience, tolerance
- The perfect gift for: someone about to give a big presentation or speech, artistsAmazonite has extremely soothing quality and acts calming on the brain and the nervous system. It brings balance into our life and gives relief to blockages due to trauma or fear. It stimulates integrity, truth and honour and is said to balance male and female energies. Amazonite increases confidence and strengthens communication skills, helping us to express ourselves. It is a particularly good stone for writers and artists, increasing creativity and self-expression. It is a great stone to open our minds and help us see both sides of a problem, hence being a great helper in leadership. Amazonite helps us let go of any greed or selfishness, encouraging patience, compassion and tolerance. It is a great stone to stimulate communication in matters of love.Amazonite is known to help the body absorb calcium and therefore aiding in cases of calcium deficiency, osteoporosis, tooth decay, muscle spasms and menstrual cramps.
10. For more Luxury for Life: Ruby
- Properties: Vitality, energy, zest of life, Passion, Courage, Love, Healing
- The perfect gift for: the insecure, the depressedRuby is a symbol of vitality, contentment, energy and zest for life. It is said to encourage passion and self-love. Be releasing destructive emotional patterns, it helps us to develop more love for ourselves. Through activating passion and life-force, this gorgeous stone helps us to improve motivation and set goals.Physically Ruby is know to restore life-force and to aid in cleansing and detoxifying body, blood and lymph system. It also stimulates the heart and reproductive organs.